Dubai Lynx Winners Announced
Wednesday 02 April 2008
The winners of the 2nd Dubai Lynx Awards, the leading creative advertising competition for the Middle East and North Africa, were revealed this evening at the Awards Dinner & Ceremony in Dubai.
After selecting a shortlist of 513 ads from the 2023 entries submitted, the jury awarded a total of 180 Dubai Lynx trophies. The Print category was the strongest with a total of 45 winners, followed by Outdoor with 40, 28 in Direct, 24 trophies were awarded in the new Media category, 20 in TV/Cinema, there were 15 Interactive winners and 4 in Integrated as well as 4 Radio winners.
U.A.E. won the most awards taking home 127 trophies, followed by Qatar with 18, Lebanon with 12 and Egypt won 7 awards, including 2 Grand Prix.
- The Print Grand Prix went to FP7 DOHA, Qatar, for EA Games B.D. Group, ‘Back Home’.
- The Outdoor Grand Prix was awarded to Leo Burnett Beirut for Procter & Gamble’s 'Natural Colours Change’.
- Leo Burnett Cairo won the TV/Cinema Grand Prix for the Melody Channel campaign ‘Akon’, ’50 Cents’, ‘Madonna’, ‘Shakira’, ‘Pussy Cats’ and ‘Britney’.
- The Direct Grand Prix was award to Bates Pangulf Dubai for Dubai First credit cards ‘We Know Who You Are’.
- The first Media Grand Prix went to JWT Cairo for Vodafone Egypt, ‘Truck Stickers’.The jury decided not to give a Grand Prix in the Interactive, Radio and Integrated categories. JWT Dubai were honoured with the Agency of the Year trophy with FP7 Doha coming in second place and Fortune Promoseven Dubai in third.
The winners of the 1st Dubai Lynx Young Creative Competition were the MediaOne team, Abdul Shafeeq and Greeshma Nair from U.A.E.The winning work, which was judged over the last week by 29 top international creatives and media experts from 17 countries in Dubai, can be viewed at http://www.dubailynx.com/winners.